Friday, September 28, 2018

Nieces, nephews and one huge hare

C. joined us at her niece and nephew's new home on Tuesday. I wish we could bring her more often to family gatherings but the Hubby's aging back isn't amenable to that.

The highlight of the Tuesday's visit was C.'s tete-a-tete with the latest addition to my daughter's family - "Rabbit" (no name yet). Her hutch is stashed in the utility room and she never ventures out on her own so I had forgotten all about her. Fortunately I remembered her in time for C. to enjoy a lengthy pet therapy session. 

Here she is with what I'm certain is a look of concentration and intrigue:


Her nephew is in the background looking adorable as always. 

There were other nieces and a nephew in the room and I have no doubt their noise, laughter and action benefitted C. immeasurably.

And this news is strictly confidential: C.'s seizures increased immediately after I added the extra 50 mg of Vimpat to the morning dose one week ago. (I had increased the night-time dose 2 weeks ago). But three days later she settled back down to about three a day, with only one bout of fever and seizures. Could it be her body needed to adjust to the Vimpat change?
 
Remember, seizures have been Scientifically Proven Susceptible to superstitions. So improvements are definitely not to be circulated.

No comments: