Thursday, June 12, 2014

Update: Neglect at my daughter C.'s school

Here is my latest photo of neglect, this time from the corridor beside the notorious sports room at C.'s school. As you can see, there's not a staff member in sight which is also obvious from the fact that I was able to snap away.

A few days earlier, I caught an even more egregious act of neglect, or, rather, gross negligence. One student lay supine on a swing, hanging on to the ropes behind his head - there are no straps - and swinging with gusto. On the floor, beneath the swing, also supine, lay a five year old child with Down Syndrome and albinism. I gasped at every swing. There were 2-3 aides in the room but nobody seemed in the least perturbed.

When I pointed out the sight to the aide beside me, she misunderstood, thought I was impressed by it and proudly explained: "Yes, isn't it cute. He loves the visual stimulation he gets down there."

I wish I could share a photo of this shocker with you. But I didn't dare snap one.

P.S. For the skeptics among you, I do fully intend to do something with my growing cache of incriminating photos. I just haven't got a clue what, when or how. Your suggestions are welcome.

No comments: