Friday, August 16, 2013

We have a tablet!

Here is a first: an official report of progress in C.

A couple of months ago, the hubby treated us to a tablet. Until now, computer work involved positioning C's. wheelchair under a small table and removing the keyboard to make space for her round yellow switch which we'd fasten with blu-tack.

It was a tight squeeze for her legs and crowded on the table-top. Not to mention time-consuming.

This translated  into infrequent sessions. And, naturally, little progress.

As with anything techie and new, I warmed up to the tablet very slowly. With some help (actually, lots) from one of my  kids, I finally acquired limited skills.

Last week I introduced C. to a couple of games and because of their accessibility we now enjoy short, frequent sessions at least once a day.

Needless to say, I'm banking on more amazing achievements further down the tablet road. For now, this is C shining:


No comments: