Sunday, May 10, 2015

Hey, how about meeting after hours?

My beloved father
and teacher
with me
My father was a New York school teacher his entire working life.

I still remember the nights he came home exhausted around midnight after staff and parent/teacher meetings. They were never, ever held during school hours.

Even decades later and thousands of kilometers away, my friends who teach bemoan the many nights they spend at meetings.

Yet, inexplicably, the staff meetings at C.'s school are consistently held during the school day. Specifically during the morning hours - the only time anything worthwhile happens there.

I was just notified that C.'s hydro session tomorrow is rescheduled due to one such meeting. Many other children will entirely forfeit their once-weekly therapies.

Why is this outrage permitted?

No comments: