Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Our perilous pool

The therapeutic pool were my daughter has been doing hydrotherapy is still closed for repairs. 

If it weren't for that wetsuit we bought her on-line, I'd be positively apoplectic by now. 

But out of curiosity I inquired about the "renovations for safety" that the hydrotherapy business blamed for the closure. I contacted the special ed school where the therapy pool is housed (C.'s alma mater) and learned the truth: tiles had fallen from the pillars in the pool area! Yikes, I thought. What sort of professional therapy pool is that? 

Fortunately nobody was present on either occasion but that was just a fluke. The retiling job has, I was told, proven to be involved and lengthy. 

Here's a photo of one of those potentially lethal pillars.



No comments: